For a one-off fee of £25 you will get a one-year subscription to the Survival Service which will include:
- A UK SIM, with £5 credit, sent to you anywhere in the world free of charge. The SIM is with giffgaff which has a Trustpilot rating of excellent.
- A digital student discount card that will give you 300 discounts on national brands such as ASOS, Apple, Google store and the Co-op supermarket.
- Access to the members page on the website where you will be able to find products and services useful to you as an international student, such as law firms that specialise in visas.
- A weekly e-magazine from Great British Mag with articles that will help you from pre-arrival to graduation.
- Careers guidance tol help you assess the options open to you after you graduate including how to get a job under the Skilled Workers Visa and how to set up a business in the UK.
- invitations to events, workshops and webinars.
More details about the bank account
The features of the account include:
- Account opened online, pre-arrival
- Debit card posted for free to a UK address 3 days after you contact customer services
- Transfer money directly into the account on arrival to the UK
- Hold up to £50,000 in the account
Charges for the bank account explained
|Open account pre-arrival in the UK||Yes|
|Monthly Account Fee||£6.25 – special rate for subscribers|
|Debit card issue fee||Free|
|Max account deposit||£50,000|
|Debit card usage in the UK||Free|
|Pay cash into the account in the UK||0.75% fee to pay in cash|
|Pay in by UK Bank Transfer||30p|
|ATM withdrawals (UK)||£1.50|
|ATM withdrawals (Non-UK)||£3.00 plus 2.75% of the transaction value|
|International transfer into the account||£15 per transaction (Note: cannot receive transfers from all countries)|
|Send money internationally||£30|
|Customer helpline (office hours)||Yes|
|Good features for international students||Can open account and get debit card delivered within 3 working days after contacting customers services once in the UK.|