Open a UK bank account before you arrive and have a debit card sent to you within 48 hours* of your arrival in the UK.
- Open the account before you arrive in the UK
- Deposit up to £50,000
- Daily card usage limit £5,000
- Daily cash withdrawal £2,000
- Daily ATM withdrawal £450
- Have a fully functioning debit card sent to you within 48 hours
- No fee to use the debit card online and in shops
- Receive and send money internationally
- Check your account status 24/7 online
- Helpline number with English speaking advisors
Follow these three easy steps and open a bank account before you arrive in the UK.
- Collate and scan ID page of your passport, Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter and documentation that shows the address where you will be living in the UK**
- Complete the application online (will take you about 3 minutes!)
- Ring the customer helpline on 0871 811 1881 when you arrive to arrange for your debit card to be sent to you. Get a UK SIM and £5 of free credit by clicking here.
Summary of account running costs
|Monthly operating fee||£6.25 (50% reduction on normal cost)|
|ATM withdrawals within the UK||£1.50|
|ATM withdrawals outside the UK||£3.00 plus 2.75% of the transaction value|
|Cash withdrawal at Barclays bank||£5|
|Standing orders charged at||30p|
|Direct debit charged at||30p|
|Balance enquiry by SMS||15p|
*You will need to order the card after arriving in the UK by ringing the customer helpline on 0871 811 1881 . The card will be dispatched to you within 48 hours.
**When giving your postal address you will need to give your room number if applicable. Check with your accommodation provider what delivery instructions you need to give.
Apply today and get 50% off the monthly account operating fee