COVID-19: Travel during quieter times. Wear A Face Covering & Travel Safely.
Travelling by train in the UK is a convenient and enjoyable way to get from A to B and to see this beautiful country. And the best thing is as a student you can get up to a 1/3 off the ticket price by applying for the National Rail discount card.
Click here to save 1/3 off all train tickets if you are between 16 and 25-year-old or a mature student in full time education for a year.
Click here to save 50% off your ticket price for a year if you are between 16 and 17 years-old.
Buy one of these discount cards today for £30 and save up to £179!*
Save on these types of tickets
- Gatwick Express, Stansted Express and Heathrow Express
- Standard Anytime and Anytime Day Singles and Returns
- Standard Off-Peak and Off-Peak Day Singles and Returns
- Standard Super Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak Day Singles and Returns
- Standard and First Class Advance**
- Most Rail Rovers fares
- Oyster Off-Peak pay as you go Daily Price Cap and Off-Peak pay as you go single fares for journeys on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway
- Anytime Day Travelcard Zones 1-9 when bought as part of ticket to London from outside the London Zones area (subject to minimum fare of £19.10)
- Caledonian Sleeper: discount on Club Solo or Classic Solo rooms and seated products
- PLUSBUS tickets
- Some rail/sea journeys with Wightlink and Red Funnel Ferries to stations on the Isle of Wight, Hovertravel services to and from Ryde Hoverport, and Stena Line ferries to Republic of Ireland***
*Average saving over 12 months **These tickets need to be booked before you travel. *** Discount is only available on tickets as part of a journey from/to a National Rail station and on combined rail/sea journeys from/to Ryde Hoverport.