How to build the perfect snowman
We show you how to build the perfect snowman and how to accessorize him or her.
Fashion...make a stylish snowman this weekend. Photo: opencontent (Flickr)
THE UK has been covered in snow just in time for the weekend, making building a snowman the perfect activity for your Saturday or Sunday. But many international students don’t come from places where it snows, leaving you to ponder the technique of building a snowman. To save you from looking like a right loser in front of your British friends we are here to help.
The basics are:
- Have a thick snow base to start with. If you can roll a good snowball then you can make a snowman.
- Start with a compact snowball and roll it away from yourself so it collects snow off the ground, making the base.
- All snowmen must have three levels; a base, middle and a head.
- Accessories are key to the finished product. Think scarves, gloves, stick arms, carrot nose, beanies and anything your mind comes up with.
- DO NOT make a giant snow phallus… while this may seem very funny (because it is) it has been done to death.
Watch this fast-track video of snowman construction to see the process. Note the child in an orange coat doing absolutely nothing. There is always one…
But this video may be a more realistic portrayal of what you will look like making a snowman. Have fun this weekend everyone!